Why take Computer Science?
The aims are to develop:
- computational thinking, that is thinking about what can be computed and how, and includes consideration of the data required
- understanding of the main principles of solving problems by using computers
- understanding that every computer system is made up of subsystems, which in turn consist of further subsystems
- understanding of the component parts of computer systems and how they interrelate, including software, data, hardware, communications and people
- skills necessary to apply understanding to solve computer-based problems using a high-level programming language.