Why Choose Cambridge AS Geography?
Cambridge International AS and A Levels have a proven reputation for preparing learners well for university, employment and life. Cambridge International AS and A Level Geography is accepted by universities and employers as proof of knowledge and understanding of Geography.
Successful candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
- an appreciation of the need for understanding, respect and co-operation in conserving the environment and improving the quality of
- an awareness of the usefulness of geographical analysis to understand and solve contemporary human and environmental problems
- develop independent thinking skills and apply knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- make judgements, recommendations and decisions and present reasoned explanations, understand implications and communicate them clearly and logically
How are candidates assessed?
Paper 1 Core Geography 3 hours
Candidates answer questions in three sections. In Section A, they must answer five of six questions on the Physical and Human Core topics for a total of 50 marks. In each of Sections B and C, candidates answer one of three structured questions based on the Physical (Section B) and Human (Section C) Core topics, for a total of 25 marks in each section. booklet for more details
Aims of COLLS AS Geography:
- To provide a thorough, well-designed study of Geography
- To develop independent thinking skill
- To provide a worthwhile and engaging educational experience for all students
For the full aims and assessment objectives of the course, see the full syllabus provided by Cambridge.