Why Choose Cambridge AS English Language?
The successful completion of the course will provide candidates with lifelong skills including:
• the ability to write clearly, accurately, creatively and persuasively
• the ability to use appropriate styles and registers for different contexts
• the ability to analyse a variety of complex texts in a variety of forms and styles
• an understanding of language use to inform and persuade.
How are candidates assessed?
Advanced Subsidiary (AS) candidates take:
Paper 1 Passages (2 hours 15 minutes)
Paper 2 Writing (2 hours)
Aims of COLLS AS English Language:
- To provide a thorough, well-designed study of English Language
- To provide a worthwhile and engaging educational experience for all students.
For the full aims and assessment objectives of the course, see the full syllabus provided by Cambridge.